Saturday, August 8, 2009

the pictureless blog....

Okay, maybe that's kind of a lie... there's at least two pictures at the end :)

How's your weekend going so far?

Yeah, so I didn't take a picture of one single thing I had to eat yesterday or today so far! BAD blogger, Mandy! Breakfast & lunch were repeats of Pumpkin Pancakes and Mellow Mushroom pizza leftovers... and dinner was out at Panera with JR & Maddie, where I had the incredibly yummy Chicken Strawberry Poppyseed salad and a multi grain baguette.I think it said on their menu that this salad is only out for another three weeks... so I am sure I'll be back to have it once more before then! The only other thing I had to eat was a larabar for a snack!

JR took Maddie home to get her to bed... and I stayed out and went to TJ Maxx and New York & Company to look for a dress to wear to my brother's wedding in a couple of weeks. Being honest - this was not a great experience :( I've discussed my weight gain recently on the blog... and have really tried not to let it get to me. I have felt like I've been trying hard with my food and with my work outs - not to try to lose all the weight I've gained... but enough to feel comfortable with myself again. I was staying away from the scale...but finally gave in and weighed last week. It had been almost two weeks... surely I had to lose SOMETHING, right??

Wrong
.

Not only did I not lose anything - I went up two pounds.

Again, I've tried not letting it get to me... but last night, it all hit hard. I had a mini breakdown in the dressing room. I couldn't believe how many sizes I had to go up.. and how things that would normally look good on me, I couldn't even begin to wear in public.

I feel pretty defeated... I left the stores empty handed and broken-hearted.

I headed home and tried to unwind and relax a bit. I had two big glasses of wine... which hey, after a night like that, I deserved it! It definitely did the trick... I hung out with my honey and had a great rest of the night.

I do have to go find a dress still... I may wait until next weekend. I'm hoping to have a better experience!

As for today, I've been quite spoiled. I got to sleep in till 10 am!!!!! Whew! I haven't done that in a LONG time! It was great... woke up and didn't have much of an appetite. I had one small square of the coffee cake around 11 and about 30 minutes later - I had a turkey club sandwich (Trader Joe's turkey bacon, TJ's sliced turkey, 1 slice low fat swiss, Sabra's hummus, spinach, tomato on Publix Multi grain bread)....

JR and Maddie laid down for a nap, and I had to talk myself into working out. I did of course, Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. I REALLY struggled through it today. I had no energy in the first circuit at ALL. I almost stopped it there and called it day... but made a deal with myself that if I kept going, I would just do what I could... even if that meant all the beginner options or just walking in place. I got a bit of a second wind in the 3rd circuit... and even wanted to do some extra cardio after I was finished. I put on a Firm dvd - Cardio Sculpt Blaster... some step and floor aerobics with light hand weights... I used some portions with a 6 inch step and some with an 8 inch step. I felt much better after I finished... and burned 505 calories.

RIGHT after, I made a smoothie...same as earlier this week... 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, protein powder, 1/2 tbsp almond butter, 1 frozen banana... good stuff :)

Dinner was easy.... the hubby grilled some steak, I fixed up some salads and some leftover steamed veggies with sweet potatoes.

I'm sure there will be dessert.... JR is trying to talk me into Dairy Queen - SHAME! I'm hoping I don't give in!!! :)

We are just hanging around this weekend... being lazy!! What do you guys have going on?

8 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I think we've all gone through that in the dressing room and it is NEVER fun. Work hard this week, you will get there and you will look killer in your dress :) Remember how far you've come- don't discount it! ;)

    The salad you made for dinner tonight looks amazing! Hooray for tasty salads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm sorry your feeling bad! I HATE dressing rooms. They always make me look worse!

    And great job on the workout 500 calories and having no energy? That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mandy, try not to be too discouraged...I'll tell you though...dressing rooms can be harsh. I think we've all been there at one time or the other.

    You have made such a huge accomplishment in your life. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about the lighting in dressing rooms is just the most unflattering thing, I've never understood why they do that!

    I am in the Hermitage area, where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog...I love it! I'm sorry you're feeling discouaged; dressing rooms pretty much suck, honestly. We've all been there - well, at least I certainly have. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a feeling it may be due to your more intense workouts as of late. Try not to get discouraged, just keep up your good work and see if the scale goes down in the next week or two. You're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't get hung up on the #'s hun. I swear those stores sizes are crazy. I'll try on the same pair of pants in the same size, yet one will fit me tighter than the other. Nice job on the Shred! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi There, I just found your blog. Is the little girl in the other posts your daughter? I have a toddler who is almost two.

    Don't be discouraged. Dressing rooms can be very harsh! Your food and exercise sound great! I especially like your dinner with the sweet potato. It's funny, I used to dislike sweet potatoes a lot but have recently come to love them. And now I'm obsessed with the... :)

    ReplyDelete